- Palate relates to taste.
- Palette relates to colour.
- Pallet is a structure on which to pile things.
I’ve often struggled with the word to use when describing a colour palette. Spell-check doesn’t help because each of these words is valid. It turns out that the one I most often will use (as a web developer) is palette.
1. The roof of the mouth, separating the cavities of the mouth and nose in vertebrates.
2. A person’s ability to distinguish between and appreciate different flavours.Palate | Definition of Palate by Lexico
If I were a foodie or wine connoisseur I might more frequently use palate,.
1. A thin board or slab on which an artist lays and mixes colours.
1.1 The range of colours used by a particular artist or in a particular picture.Palette | Definition of Palette by Lexico
If I worked in shipping and receiving, I would be all about the pallet
1. A portable platform on which goods can be stacked, stored, and moved.Pallet | Definition of Pallet by Lexico
If I had a colorful shipping platform that tasted good, I might describe the “nice pallet with the bold palette that is pleasing to my palate“.